The excursion planning website GoBe.com provides resources for cruisers looking to make the most of their time in port.
For a sampling of what they have to offer, check out their list of over 400 excursions available in the Caribbean.
Special Shore Excursion Planning for Cruisers
If you’re planning a cruise, you can find excursions available for your specific cruise by following these steps:
- Visit GoBe.com
- Choose “Shore Excursions” from the top navigation menu
- You’ll see “Got a cruise booked? Thinking about booking one?” on the next page. Use the selection boxes next to that text to choose your cruise line, cruise ship, and sailing date, and then press the “Find Your Cruise” button.
- Tada! You’ll now see a list of available excursions (they call them “experiences”), tailored to your cruise itinerary. You can book tours and activities right from the website.
For example, when we selected the May 21, 2018 5-night Western Caribbean cruise from Miami aboard the Carnival Sensation, some of the many shore excursion options displayed included:
- Tubing Along the White River (Ocho-Rios)
- A Catatamaran Cruise to Dunn’s River Falls (Ocho-Rios)
- Ziplining at Cranbrook Rainforest Gardens (Ocho-Rios)
- Nighttime Tour of Luminous Lagoon (Ocho-Rios)
- Breakfast Sail to Stingray City (Grand Cayman)
- Sail and Snorkel the Kittiwake Wreck and Cayman Reef (Grand Cayman)
One reason GoBe.com is so good at matching excursions to cruise itineraries is that the company is a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd, one of the largest cruise providers in the world. And because they understand the needs of the cruising traveler, GoBe offers a guaranteed return to ship policy (If you are traveling by cruise ship and, due to the fault or negligence of the Tour Operator, you are not returned to the ship in time to board, the Tour Operator will arrange the necessary accommodation and travel to the next port-of-call on behalf of GoBe). They will also issue you a full refund on shore excursions if you are traveling by cruise ship and the ship misses the port-of-call due to an itinerary change, safety-related or weather-caused issue. You can also cancel an excursion at least 7 days in advance for a full refund with no cancellation fees. Visit the GoBe.com FAQ page for details.